Saturday, January 20, 2018

Heartbreak

As defined by Merriam Webster, heartbreak is, "crushing grief, anguish, or distress." Most hear this word and think of a breakup or familial problem. Perhaps issues with friends, or finding the right friends. But it has become clear to me that, though such a feeling not desirable, it is necessary to experience joy. It allows one to have something to compare it to.

For me, I am becoming increasing aware of how independent I am and my ocassional unwillingness to accept the help of others. Perhaps it is not such a bad thing after all. In a world like this, independence is entirely necessary to secure a good life for oneself. Who knows.

The one thing I do know, it isn't a bad thing to do things on your own and forge your own path along the way. Often, it is even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment